Tattoos and Me!


Since I was a child I've always been intrigued by the art of tattooing. Before I really understood how it was done I just thought they were a cool thing that grown-ups had, the first time I ever encountered them was on my parents. My dad has an eagle on his upper arm (that we all jokingly used to say looked like a parrot) and my mum had 2 tattoos; a Celtic clover and the Chinese symbol for happiness on her lower back.

 As I got older my taste in fashion and music became what you would call 'alternative' and with that came being more exposed to musicians and influencers who were covered in tattoos. From then on I knew I had to have them. I got my first tattoo at the age of 18 a few months after my mum passed away, I had her date of birth tattooed on my chest and from then on I've been bit by the tattoo bug. At present I have 5 tattoos and plan on getting many, many more. 

I wrote a feature about the history of tattooing and how it has progressed as an art form into many different unique styles, it'd be great if you could support me by checking it out!


100 Years of Tattooing

Comments

Popular Posts