Luscious Luss


Sometimes you just need to jump in your car and go a drive to unwind. To feel the wind in your hair and let all the stress of life slip away just for a while. That’s exactly what I did last Sunday with my dad, my partner John and our family pup and resident biscuit thief Roxy. We all hopped in the car and spend a few hours in the stunning village of Luss on the shores of Loch Lomond. This past year hasn’t been easy for any of us so it was great to get away from reality, plus it got us out of the house and get some fresh air about us. The hustle and bustle of life can really fog up your head sometimes so I thought maybe a wee wander about would clear our heads and give us a break from being cooped up at home.

I’d been to Luss before with friends during the summer months but something was different this time. I think it was because we came this time during the midst of Autumn, something about trudging through piles of gold, burnt orange and brown and the crisp bite of the cold autumnal air made this tiny Lochside village feel almost magical, like something out of a fairy-tale. You almost half expected to turn a corner walking through the wooded paths and come across a gingerbread house or a little girl in a crimson hooded cape. And it mustn’t have only been me who felt this way because this quiet little village was full of eager tourists from all over itching to take in the Scottish scenery.

Roxy felt quite at home with the tourists all coming up to her and making a right ol fuss about her. “Aww the puppy”, “She’s so cute!”, the wee thing thought all her attention seeking Christmases had come at once. As well as being treated like the little BeyoncĂ© that she thinks she is Roxy really did love it there, frolicking at the waters edge and getting into stare offs with the local ducks (she didn’t win, we had to pull her away because as cute and small as she is I do fear that she’d make a move on a poor defenceless duck and we’d be taking ones head home as an unwanted souvenir).

 It was quite well deserved change of scenery for us as with the rat race of life things just tend to get in the way and there's hardly any time to just unwind and chill out properly away from absolute madness of the real world. In an ideal world (where I'd probably have won the lottery)  I'd love to just up sticks and move somewhere as peaceful and idyllic as Luss. But I know that I'd end up missing my creature comforts like my Starbucks coffees and shopping centres galore too much, and as much as Glasgow is noisy, busy and all round mental, it's still home.









Comments

Popular Posts